Tarator - Bulgarian Cucumber Soup
Tarator - Bulgarian Cucumber Soup is a chilled soup, perfect to enjoy in the summer season!
Servings: 6 people
- 3 tablespoons walnut pieces
- 3 Persian cucumbers peeled and chopped (about 10 oz.)
- 2 cups strained yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- Finely chopped cucumber and dill for garnish
In a dry skillet, toast walnuts for a few minutes until they become fragrant.
In a food processor combine walnuts, cucumbers, yogurt, garlic, olive oil, salt, dill and 1 cup water.
Blend until thoroughly combined.
Garnish with chopped cucumber and dill.
If you can find Bulgarian yogurt, definitely make Tarator with that.
Walnut Oil or Pumpkin Seed Oil is also traditional instead of olive oil, if you have access to it.