Apricot Spinach Salad
This salad takes advantage of seasonal produce. Add some grilled protein for a complete summer meal!
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons harissa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salad Ingredients:
- 4 apricots sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leave firmly packed
- 3 large radishes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Mannouri cheese or feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds plus extra for garnish
To make the salad dressing, whisk together the preserves, mustard, cumin, salt, lemon juice and harissa. While whisking continuously, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
In a large bowl, combine apricots, spinach, radish, zest, cheese and pomegranate seeds. Add a little dressing and toss well.
Serve, garnished with more pomegranate seeds.